- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ripe Roma tomatoes, deseeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4 ounce) package herbed feta, crumbled
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, ½ inch sliced
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Add olive oil to a medium sized skillet on medium high heat. Add chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, garlic, and balsamic; gently sauté for about 5 minutes.
In a separate bowl mix together cream cheese and feta crumbles until well incorporated.
Set sliced sourdough bread on a baking sheet and lightly toast in preheated oven (make sure to keep a watchful eye on your bread, as you don’t want to over toast it!). Once removed from the oven, evenly spread cream cheese/feta mixture over each slice, top with tomato mix and a bit of mozzarella. Optional: To melt the mozzarella, your bruschetta slices can be placed back into the oven for a quick minute or two.