These muffins really take the cake when it comes to pleasing the whole family with nutrient-dense, guilt-free goodness. Recipe makes a dozen, fluffy muffins but they rarely ever last longer than a full day in our household.
Enjoy these gluten, dairy, sugar, egg free muffins for breakfast, as a snack, a bring-a-long for school or work bake days, or any special occasion. No one will ever believe you when you tell them they are guilt free!
- 2 cups gluten-free flour plus 1 tablespoon to be added to nuts and dates (if flour doesn’t include xanthan gum, add 1 teaspoon) *
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 overripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2/3 cups good-quality maple syrup
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dried dates, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
*If you prefer to make this non-gluten free, or you don’t have gluten-free flour, 2 cups whole wheat flour also works perfect for this recipe
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, line a dozen muffin tin.
In a bowl mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix bananas, oil, maple syrup, almond milk, and vanilla. Now combine both mixtures well. Toss chopped dates and walnuts with a tablespoon of flour to prevent them from flopping to the bottom while baking, then fold into muffin batter. Evenly spoon batter into your lined muffin tin.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Enjoy!