- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 tbs dark brown sugar
- 2 tbs pure honey
- 3 Tbs peeled and grated ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp garlic chili sauce *optional
- 3 Lbs bone-in, skin-on, chicken thighs and drumsticks
Whisk together all ingredients, except for chicken, in a bowl. Place chicken in marinating dish of your choice and pour Asian mixture over chicken and coat evenly. Cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator. It’s recommended to let your chicken marinate for 24 hours, making sure to flip and recoat your chicken at least once throughout your marinating time.
Once you’re ready to cook your chicken, remove it from the refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Place chicken into a 9X13 baking dish skin side up and place in a preheated oven at 475 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes. Just before you remove your chicken from oven, set oven heat to broil for 3-5 minutes, to crisp the chicken’s skin.