Makes 4 servings.
This salad is packed with flavor so you enjoy it and anti-oxidants so your body burns fat faster.
• 1 pound cooked chicken, shredded (your choice white or dark meat)
• 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
• 1 red bell pepper, preferably organic, seeded and chopped
• ¼ onion, finely chopped
• ½ cup cilantro (use parsley if you hate cilantro)
• 2 scallions, thinly sliced
• 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped (use less if you want and wash your hands well after handling)
• ¼ cup good olive oil
• 1 lime, halved and juiced
• 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
• Splash of your favorite hot sauce
• Salt and pepper to taste
Combine chicken, avocado, red pepper, onion and cilantro or parsley, and jalapeno in a small bowl. In a blender, combine olive oil, lime juice, garlic, hot sauce and salt and pepper. Puree, drizzle over the salad, and toss well.
Serve with a green salad, some brown rice, and a handful of your favorite green vegetables. Or wrap salad in whole wheat tortillas along with sliced juicy ripe tomatoes and fresh baby greens, and serve with a side salad.