OMG these Potatoes are Amazing. You must try them!
- 16 ounces potatoes
- 3 to 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and fresh black pepper
- Fresh chives (diced)
- Bacon (cut into large chunks)
- Shredded Cheese of your choice- 1-cup
- Sour Cream, recipe follows**
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Using a wooden spoon as a cradle, place each potato in the spoon and make several parallel slits into each potato top making sure not to slice completely through.
- Place 3 garlic slices between slits at the crown of each potato. Toss in a medium bowl with butter and olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet lined with tin foil and sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- When the potatoes begin to “fan out” it’s time to make the magic happen.Carefully slip a hunk of bacon into each slit of the potato like so and continue to cook
- Once the potatoes and bacon are fully cooked (use a knife poke test), coat the potatoes with heaping helping of shredded cheese. .
- Bake until tops are crispy and potatoes are cooked through, about 1 hour. Transfer to a platter and top with Herbed Sour Cream and chives.
Herbed Sour Cream:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Combine ingredients in a small bowl. Season, to taste, and refrigerate until use.