- 1 cup warm milk (about 110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup margarine melted
- 4 ½ cups bread flour
- 1 ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 ½ teaspoons bread machine yeast (otherwise known as Instant Dry Yeast)
(optional- if dough results are too dry, ¼ cup of warm water, 110 degrees F, can be added)
1. Place all the above ingredients into bread machine pan as recommended by your bread machine manufacturer. Select Dough Cycle and then press start. Once the dough has doubled in size, flip it out onto a lightly floured surface, cover then allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2-2 ½ ground cinnamon (amount depends on personal taste preference)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
2. Combine and set mixture aside until filling time.
3. Once dough has rested for 10 minutes, evenly roll into a 16×21 inch rectangle and then brush on mixture. A nice sealing tip for filling to stay settled is to not apply mixture to ¼ inch of just one of the long edges, roll from opposite side and then seal dough by lightly pinching edge to dough. When rolling work from the middle to ends, rolling tightly but making sure not to smoosh your roll. Next cut into 12 pieces and place on a lightly greased (or wax papered) 9×13 glass baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, then let them sit and rise for 30 minutes; until they have doubled in size. Place in a preheated oven at 350 degrees F/ 175 C for 20-25 minutes.
Another helpful tip for flavorful and moist cinnamon rolls is once the rolls are done baking place upside down, that way the filling recoats your roll for optimal, moist, gooey, mouth-watering cinnamon rolls.
- 1 package cream cheese (8 ounces), softened
- ½ cup buttered, softened
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Makes enough for 20 cinnamon rolls; if desired recipe could be cut in half.
Spread over cinnamon rolls and enjoy!