- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can kidney bean, rinse and drained
- 1 can kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (14 and ½ ounce cans) diced tomatoes with juice
- ¾ cup salsa of your choice
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Optional garnish: shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream
Over medium high heat, thoroughly cook ground beef with onions and garlic. Once ground beef is cooked, drain off any excess liquid and place in slow cooker.
Place beans, corn, tomatoes, salsa, and chili powder in slow cooker with your beef, onion and garlic mixture. Stir well, cover, and cook on low for 3-4 hours. Amazing served with fresh baked corn bread!